We’re looking for a super strong experienced Scrum Master with a background in Project Management to manage several distributed software development teams employing Agile/Scrum Practices. Working remotely from the UK.
About the role:
Applicita is on an exciting journey as a business, and this role is crucial to our success. You will be a champion of the team and responsible for the delivery methodology and facilitating timely, accurate and effective delivery of software solutions to our customers.
Our default method of delivery for projects is scrum / agile but this role requires someone with a background in project management who can adopt a Hybrid approach for those projects not suitable for an Agile delivery approach and / or for those clients less comfortable with Agile methodologies.
Experienced in agile methodologies and with a project management grounding, you will be working closely with our technical teams, product owners and business stakeholders. You may work on a suite of mid-size digital projects across more than one key client, or a number of smaller, leaner engagements, or a combination of both. This role will suit you if you enjoy variety and can respond and adapt quickly.
All of our delivery roles are client facing so you will need to be an outstanding communicator and excellent relationship builder.
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Teams on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values and how to get the most out of self-organisation.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on team work and problem solving.
- Preparing, moderating and post-processing daily stand-ups, planning sessions, demos, reviews and retrospectives.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, conflict resolution, managing risks and providing mitigation.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owners and Business Analysts, with respect to refining (aka grooming) and managing the product backlog.
- Working with other Scrum Masters within the organisation to ensure consistency of process across all teams.
- Mediating the general conflict of goals between development team (high technical quality) and product owner (more features).
- Assist Product Owners to report to the business on progress against business goals (Team metrics and analytics)
Broad knowledge and experience in:
- First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM).
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager and a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Scrum Master, working with distributed software development teams.
- Confident skills and demonstrable knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Experience being on multiple Scrum Teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong problem solver with solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Proactive risk mitigation, preventing issues from leading to preventable escalations in collaboration with the teams.
- Emotional intelligence, personal resilience and empathy. Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others.
- Strong stakeholder management with the ability to manage expectations, be decisive and able to work well under pressure.
Some experience or interest to learn:
- Second or Third Level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC).
- Ability to mentor junior scrum master.
Please upload your cv and covering letter below.