what we do
power your growth
We power visionary business ideas and tech teams with radically creative software and technology.
Taking on the toughest challenges to make
the biggest positive impact.
It all starts with a Technical Growth Plan. We listen to your goals and challenges, then create a roadmap for success.
technical growth plan
Are you confident you have the right technical plan to power your organisations success?
Speak to an expert today and book in a free technical consultation.
our core services
As soon as we’re confident the Technical Growth Plan perfectly fits the needs of your organisation, we action it with world class code and our world class delivery team.
Here are some examples of the most common services we use to power businesses. To find out more, just ask.
We create world-class custom software solutions that help you operate more efficiently to solve your unique business challenges and leverage your advantages.
Our experienced engineers share a passion for developing innovative solutions, using the latest technologies and best practices. We are on hand and ready to work with you to develop solutions as unique as your business.
- Web: Easy to use web application tailored to your business' needs.
- Mobile: Engage with your remote workforce or customer base through Android and iOS apps.
- Desktop: Beautifully crafted high-performance desktop experiences.
- Distributed: Building distributed systems that deliver resilient applications
- Modernisation: Upgrade your technology stack and optimise maintenance.
We’ve been involved with the cloud since its inception and we build and deploy cost-effective, scalable cloud services tailored to your requirements.
We only deploy cloud infrastructure using repeatable methods (known as Infrastructure as code) so that you can use the same skills and build and deployment pipelines that the development team are familiar with; this further reduces the risk, time and complexity of cloud infrastructure deployment.
Once deployed, we can knowledge transfer to your team, or you can use our managed service to keep your cloud deployments cost-effective, secured and healthy.
- Design: We build cloud services using appropriate models such as IaaS, PaaS or Serverless, so you get the most cost-effective solution.
- Deployment: We deploy cloud environments using infrastructure as code methodology so you can trust them to be secure, versioned and repeatable.
- Migration: We've moved many different workloads to the cloud, and we will work with you to ensure a smooth and secure migration takes place.
- Administration: We deploy proactive alerting and monitoring to ensure you know the health and performance of your cloud deployments.
- Private / Hybrid Solutions: We design solutions that integrate your existing data centre environments.
internet of things (IoT)
As with any emerging sea-change technology, IoT offers widespread enthusiasm, profound social and economic potential and a high risk of failure.
The industry’s standard technological stack and toolchains haven’t evolved, and as IoT moves beyond its infancy, this means that implementing a solution requires a diverse and hard-to-find set of skills.
- Prototyping: Test a concept without committing to a full roll out investment, quickly test in your real-world environment to ensure that
- Scale-out: Move from prototype to rollout we handle everything from PCB and enclosure design, optimization and certification through to manufacturing and testing
- Platform as a Service: We provide you with a fully managed IoT solution, which can be supported by us or by yourself. Our platform ensures your IoT environment is secure and available with firmware updates, security and capacity audits.
‘Digital transformation’ is a broad term and can mean many things; to rethink old operating models, to experiment more, or simply to become more agile in your ability to respond to customers and rivals.
The first step of any transformation is identifying the problem statement – the ‘why’ of your digital transformation.
- Process Mapping: Gain a detailed understanding of the process, people, inputs and outputs from your business’ standpoint.
- Analysis: We analyse both your systems and business processes to identify where there are efficiencies to be had in time, cost, and accuracy.
- Road Mapping: Connect the dots with a strategic roadmap of actions needed to help your organisation achieve its long-term goals.
We will help you cut through the noise and advise you what to do and, just as importantly, what not to do.
By balancing trade-offs and asking the right questions about your business, you can achieve your goals. A range of organisations, from start-ups to large multi-national companies, have benefited from such consulting.
- Due Diligence: Whether you are looking to make an investment or sell your business, we have the technology and expertise to help you do so.
- Consulting: Our team is made up of the best engineers, architects, and technologists in the industry to advise you every step of the way.
- Mentorship: Invaluable way to understand the skills and capabilities of your team and, to make informed decision about how to develop your people in the future.
With our cutting edge data analysis tools, we get to the heart of the matter and unlock valuable insights from your data.
Combine best practices in fields such as data modelling and business intelligence to turn your data into a valuable asset and help you make better business decisions.
- Data Modelling & Cleaning: Data prep is a vital step and often overlooked, but is time efficient in the future when analysing your results.
- Business Intelligence KPI: We provide at-a-glance visual feedback on how your business is performing, to allow you to focus on the key drivers for success.
- Data Mining: Provide your business with a powerful modelling capability to transform all the data into a business understandable model.
- Machine Learning: You can leverage your past data to make better and more informed predictions for your future business needs.
- Artificial Intelligence: Provide your customers with around-the-clock assistance and communicate at scale using Bots and Virtual Assistants.
our services in action
Offering advice across all technical services or to help get your project started.
taking live gaming to the next level to keep tv audiences entertained
improving the patient experience by digitising an IVF clinic’s workflow
What is bespoke software and how will it benefit me?
Bespoke literally means “made for a particular customer or user”. Many organisations find themselves using a variety of platforms and off the shelf software applications, and struggle to integrate these effectively into their business. We see organisations frequently adjusting their process to fit the limitations of ‘one size fits all’ software, meaning sub optimal work arounds prone to errors.
Where an organisation has a complex or unique business flow, a bespoke solution, tailored to the intricacies of their business will mean a more effective workflow that minimises user error and fits their operational requirement.
What technologies do you use?
We’re Microsoft first developers: As a Microsoft Silver partner we have been building solutions with Microsoft technologies for over a decade. That does not mean we exclude other technologies, and we will recommend what we believe to be the most suitable technology tools once we fully understand the customer requirements.
How do you deliver software?
We’re agile development advocates and experience has shown us that this method of delivery often gives better results, faster than the more traditional waterfall approach. Although not wedded to either, we discuss the merits and pitfalls of both these methodologies at the early engagement stage with our customers to understand which would be the best approach for them.
How long will it take?
Applicita specialise in large complex B2B business applications. All applications have common components e.g. the ability to add a system user, we have developed the Ossatura framework which already has these common features, this means we can get to creating business value quickly.
Our Business Analysts will work with the Key stakeholders in the customers organisation to understand the scope, the feature set, and the acceptance criteria. Once we have this information our engineers will estimate the time to deliver the software.
How secure is your software?
Business applications hold a huge volume of sensitive data and that is why we take a rigorous approach to security when developing, testing, and deploying software. During development our engineers assess all potential vulnerabilities, third-party integrations, and data management. This approach enables us to identify potential risks and formulate policies to mitigate them during the prospecting stage.
All software is designed and developed following Microsoft Security Development Lifecyle (SDL) practices and we actively test our code with security scanning tools like White source, SonarQube and where appropriate, organise independent penetration tests.